Whey protein isolate and its benefits: All you need to know!
So you have been introduced to Whey Protein Isolate by one of your gym buddies or have come across the term elsewhere, and now you are curious. Is whey protein isolate really effective? Is it good for weight loss? Is whey protein isolate better? We will help you answer such questions. Whey protein isolate does benefit your body in a number of ways, and the more you know the better. Let’s begin with the most basic question.
What is a whey protein isolate?It is a type of whey protein, derived from milk. Once whey protein is extracted from milk, it is processed to produce 3 kinds of whey proteins – isolate, hydrolysate and concentrate. While all three have their benefits, whey isolate is the purest and the most complete form of protein, comprising of 90% protein per serving.
What are the benefits of whey protein isolate?Its health benefits and high nutritional value are recognized by athletes worldwide. Benefits of whey protein isolate that complement your workout:
- Provides sufficient protein without excessive fat and calories
- Keeps you satisfied and reduces your hunger cravings since it is protein-rich
- Improves your metabolism and helps burn more calories
- Fuels your body with leucine, bioactive peptides and calcium, and increases your performance during workouts
- Helps build lean muscles
What makes a whey protein isolate beneficial?Since it is one of the most-researched supplement, there’s a lot that has been uncovered about whey protein isolate. More and more benefits have been introduced to the world over a period of time. This why whey protein isolate is beneficial:
- Contains essential amino acids
- Low in fats and carbohydrates
- Has low lactose levels