5 Healthy Homemade Protein Shake Recipes
A protein shake is one of the easiest ways to get the nutrient level in your diet boosted up. People often get bored with their regular smoothie, and they crave for a new taste or blend of whole food, without any addition of protein powder into it. There are various recipes available on the internet and there various books available written by dietitians which reflect an entire collection of 50 fresh, hunger busting and mouth watery combinations. Here are five picks or recipes of your favorites given below which are going to make an incredible smoothies which are made up of only real ingredients like Greek yogurt, quinoa, almonds, and hemp hearts etc that are easy to find at your local grocery or health food store. Each of the shakes below contains at least 22 grams of protein which will help you to reenergize yourself or jumpstart your day.
1. Mexican chocolate shake:-
Mexican hot chocolate is considered very delicious with its rich chocolate flavor and hint of spice. This shake keeps your body cold and refreshing on a hot day. Here is the recipe given below for this shake:-
5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt 10 raw almonds ¼ cup cooked quinoa, chilled 1½ Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder ½ tsp. cinnamon 1 medium banana, cut into chunks and frozen 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional) for making the shake sweet
2. Raspberry almond shake: -
You can start your day with the sweet and tart flavor of raspberries. This Raspberry Almond Shake is jam-packed with protein, fiber, and good-for-you fats to keep you satisfied all morning long.
5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt ½ cup frozen raspberries 1 Tbsp. maple syrup 1 Tbsp. chia seeds 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts 1/8 tsp. almond extract ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glass. Serve.
3. Berry oat shake: -Oat is a very popular item for breakfast and berries are used in it for topping. This time it’s the berries’ turn to be the main dish and the oat just go along with the meal.
5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt ½ cup frozen blueberries ¼ cup frozen raspberries 5 frozen strawberries ¼ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 2 Tbsp. old-fashioned rolled oats 1 tsp. honey 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
4. Chai shake: -This is a subtle spice shake made up of aromatic spices which are used to make up your favorite chai drink. Taking this shake will make your forget about your favorite coffee shop.
5.3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt ½ tsp. ground cinnamon ¼ tsp. ground cardamom Small pinch ground cloves 1/8 tsp. ground ginger 1/8 tsp. ground allspice 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts 1 Tbsp. chia seeds 1 medium banana, cut into chunks and frozen ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
5. Peach cream shake: -Peaches along with a lot of cream make a very good meal and they give you a lot of protein which will help you in remaining energized throughout the day.
1 cup frozen peaches 5.3 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt 10 raw almonds 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk